Monday, August 1, 2011

Cowboys and Aliens

As a Saturday afternoon matinee this is a fine movie, delivering western tropes and alien tropes in equal measure. It's not spectacular and there are tone issues as it wrestles between sincerity and cheesiness, but I generally had a good time. I know this is faint praise but I didn't feel a whole lot more about this movie. I do love Daniel Craig: He has in spades what Harrison Ford no longer has at all. And there are good supporting actors in this: I liked Walton Goggins the best as Craig's former outlaw-pal.

1 comment:

  1. Good question, what happened to Harrison Ford? Thank goodness he has Laura left as his biggest fan.

    Anyway, going on a date w/ Gary Sat night. Should we see the crazy, stupid love or whatever it's called or this?

    ReplyDelete