Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paul

Pretty mediocre, especially considering Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's previous collaborations. Still, while it wasn't funny (that's really the biggest problem with the film) it was sort of likable, and the alien design with the Seth Rogen voice actually worked, and I really liked Kristen Wiig's character, and the aped Spielberg shots were fun. That's all I have to say.

(Fun fact: Because of complications with shooting this film, Simon Pegg was unable to play the Archie Hickox character in Inglourious Basterds, the part that went, instead, to the relatively unknown Michael Fassbender. Did Paul turn Fassbender into a star?)

4 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOO! I so much want this film to be great! Please watch it again and tell me it aint so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely watchable, Uke, I just didn't find it very funny. But maybe you'll be different. Give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I find weird about "Paul" is the fact that they think that just referencing something to be a joke. I mean, like they will make a visual reference to something like the cantina scene in "Star Wars" and thats it, there's no joke or some sort of commentary on it, it's just a reference to it. Considering the people involved I was disappointed by that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH NOOO! It's getting worse! On a brighter note, I started watching the first season of Spaced at the weekend and I'm quite enjoying it. Don't know how I missed it the first time round.

    ReplyDelete