Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Avengers

I don't have much to say about this movie. It's a good movie, the characters developed, the dialogue pretty snappy, and the comic book action has a real nice clarity to it, not to mention some billion dollar fx work. It felt a little long to me but it's an epic, right, since it's about multiple superheroes?

Still, I just have to admit that superheroes, in general, and this includes pretty much any action hero that suits up for the job, are just not my bag. They weren't when I was a kid and they're not now. I love all sorts of hokey escapist entertainment--spy thrillers, Indiana Jones, Tintin, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, etcetera--but super powers and latex suits bore me for the most part.

As I said, though, this is definitely a good movie. The Hulk was probably my favorite character and I thought Tom Hiddleston, my new guy crush, was good as Loki.

No comments:

Post a Comment