Thursday, July 26, 2012

Poetry Thursday

A special shameless-self-promotion poetry post. As I've written about before, I have completed a project of writing a sonnet for each of the 53 films directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Two of these poems were in last summer's Atlantic Fiction issue, and a third has just been published online at the excellent poetry site Unsplendid. The poem is based on The Skin Game from 1931, not one of Hitchcock's finest efforts. It was a film he was obligated to make, a melodrama about two warring families in England, one aristocratic and one nouveaux riche. I suspect my poem was chosen not because it was about this film but despite it. I hope it stands alone. Please check it out here.

Jill Esmond, demonstrating loose morals in The Skin Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment