Monday, November 5, 2012

The TV Report

Not watching too much these days, but I am finding time for ...

The Walking Dead
This is the show I have been waiting for since Season 1. I am so glad I didn't give up on this. A hard, brutally realistic (well, sort of) zombie apocalypse. Can't believe what I saw in last night's episode, and I can't wait to see what happens when Ricks' rapidly shrinking crew meets up with the Guv'nor.

Homeland, Season 1
Watched this on DVD. As good as everyone says it is. Purely riveting, brilliant acting. When it was all over I think I experienced separation anxiety, and it almost got me to fork over for Showtime. If you watch television, you should watch this show.

Revenge
I am so close to giving up on this. A strong first season but the sophomore slump has hit hard. The writers seem to have no idea what to do now that the revenge storyline has been put on hold. It's just a not-very-good soap opera, with rich people being bitchy to one another. This should have been a one-season show.

Call the Midwife
A sweet show about midwives in the slums of East London in the 1950s. Although gritty at times, it works hard to be a feel-good show, and it is. Plus, it's a fascinating slice of history, a look at what the National Health Service meant to the mean streets of England.

Ben and Kate
Nate Faxon makes me laugh, and I think Dakota Johnson's cute. So sue me. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it and it, for real, sounds like an interesting show. But "Call The Midwife" sounds like a made-up BBC/PBS show from a "Simpsons" episode.

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only watching Walking Dead and am im complete agreement with you.., and writing this from the lineup for Skyfall... Yay! Looking forward to your review of that.

    ReplyDelete