Friday, October 30, 2009

Paranormal Activity (2009)


A great idea for a low-budget horror movie. And it's well done, especially the naturalistic acting. I liked it better than Blair Witch but I also had much lower expectations than I had for Blair Witch. I've learned my lesson: being told how scary a movie is will pretty much take away its power to scare you. There are, however, a few real moments of dread but its not as frightening as one hopes, and in the end, its realism works against it, I thought. Because it looked so much like genuine footage, I was constantly reminded that what I was watching was fake.

I do get a warm glow knowing this film will make about ten times what the sixth entry of the Saw franchise will make, and it cost less than the price of a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment