Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gone Girl

I am really burying the lead on this one, but I've had some very good news this past week, while I was on vacation. My novel, "The Girl With a Clock For a Heart," has been sold to William Morrow in New York City (much more on this subject later). Needless to say, I was feeling very good about myself. Then I read this brilliant thriller by Gillian Flynn and all I could feel was jealousy. This book is so good: a tale of a very twisted, sick marriage told through the perspectives of the husband and wife. Not only is it a genuine page-turner but it is also a great satire about the times we live in now. And it's funny. And it's not remotely nice, which can be a good thing in a thriller. This is a poisonous, feel-bad book about poisonous (sometimes literally) people.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I was having a mad moment with my typing. I meant to say:
      Excellent news about your novel!
      This book you were reading sounds interesting and I will have to look out for it.

      Delete
  2. Yep - Well done Pete! Can I have a signed copy for my Kindle? :-P

    ReplyDelete