Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ten Best Books I Read in 2012

10.

A stay-up-all-night thriller that turns very, very tragic.

9.

A forgotten thriller that should be re-issued it's so timely. This is essentially what would happen if the tea party decided to really use all those guns.

8.

Far sicker and crueler than the film version. I'm just staring to read all of Cain and he is pretty masterful.

7.

Really called The Hunter, and one of the best anti-heroes in all of literature.

6.

A novel about a sane man spiraling into alcoholism and adultery. As scary as any thriller.

5. 

Another cold and clever marriage thriller.

4. 

It poses as a spy novel but it's ultimately about writing, love, and autobiography. I, for one, loved the big twist.

3.
"When all of us are forgotten, people will still be remembering Stephen King," Leslie Fiedler. This one will make a very good TV show (I believe it's in the works).

2.

One of the saddest books I've ever read. The chronicle of a mediocre life.

1.

I'm picking Mother's Milk, but this is really just a stand-in for the first four Patrick Melrose novels. I read them in one big gulp, alternately horrified and amused. St. Aubyn has got to be the best novelist in England right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment