Friday, January 7, 2011

Predators


I thought the first half of this was decent but the second half was awful. Predictable and poorly made. Also, and I have always thought this, but the design of the Predator just doesn't do it for me. I think they look ridiculous. Who braids their hair? Where do they design their futuristic weapons? The only cool thing about the predator is the way they look when they are cloaked.

Also, once the team was assembled at the beginning of the movie I could have told you almost exactly the order in which all the characters would die, and I definitely knew who the final three were going to be. There is only one movie I can think of that shook up this formula and that was 28 Weeks Later. Is is that hard to change the order a little? How cool would it have been if Adrien Brody bought it first, and the hero turned out to be someone different. This was a disappointing movie, especially since I'd heard it was good.

2 comments:

  1. i just watched it on a flight... all i could think was, "really morpheus. this is what you've come to?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's when the movie went downhill: the first appearance of fat morpheus.

    ReplyDelete