Tuesday, February 1, 2011

John Barry, 1933 - 2011

Barry with wife Jane Birkin in the swinging sixties.
 My favorite composer ever. I don't really know what to say in this post except that I love almost all his scores. He made every movie he scored that much better. For example, right now, I just want to sit down and watch Moonraker to listen to his remarkable music.

So, off the top of my head, ten favorite scores:

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (maybe his best)
Body Heat
You Only Live Twice
Out of Africa
Diamonds are Forever
Moonraker
The Living Daylights
Born Free
Dances With Wolves
Playing by Heart

Rest in peace.

3 comments:

  1. Every so often "Dances with Wolves" will come in my head. Gorgeous. It always sounds like the theme music for a blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dances wih Wolves is a beautiful score. I love it. What a legacy. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture you found.

    ReplyDelete