Thursday, November 5, 2009

2008 - Ten Favorite Films

Not really a stand-out year for movies. There's very little on this list that I think I'll be watching in twenty years.

Burn After Reading
Not one of the best Coen Brother's movies but I liked it.


Doubt
I liked this movie a lot, even with the rickety horror-movie angles and theatrical acting. I thought about it for days afterward.


Forgetting Sarah Marshall
This is now on HBO constantly and I keep watching it. It's become a comfort film in a way - I like every character.


Ghost Town
One of the best romantic comedies in years. A classic that no one saw.


In Bruges
Better on every viewing. Colin Farrell had the second-best performance of the year.


Let the Right One In
Winter. Sweden. Housing project. Child Vampires.


Quantum of Solace
I enjoyed this movie more than most but, thinking back, I hope the next Bond film has a little less angst in it.


Tell No One
For three-quarters of its running time this flirted with Hitchcock territory. Totally entertaining. Expect an American remake.


Wall-E
Another Pixar gem.


The Wrestler
Mickey wuz robbed of his Oscar.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, out of the films you listed, I saw Ghost Town and Wall-e. LOVED Ghost Town. Thought Wall-e was pretty good. I really haven't seen many movies lately.

    ReplyDelete